- one ASK Cosmetics Contour Nail File
- one bottle of T.I.P.S. for Toes
- one bottle of T.I.P.S
- one bottle of REVIVAL Hand & Nail Cleanser with pump top
- one bottle of REVIVAL Skin Conditioning Milk
- using only the ASK Cosmetics products daily for 12 weeks (easy-peesy!)
- all participants must refrain from wearing nail polish or having any manicures done for 12 weeks (*GASP* WHAT!)
- Thumb - nail is thin, dry, ridged; cuticle is hard, dry, cracked, torn, and has hangnails near right-bottom side and one starting on both sides of the nail
- Index - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling and cracked at tip; scab from lost hangnail, small hangnail starting on right side of nail and hangnail on left
- Middle - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling; hard, dry cuticle, hangnail on left side, tear starting in the middle of cuticle
- Ring - nail is thin, dry, ridged, recently torn; torn, hard, dry, raw & bleeding cuticle, with hangnails near tear
- Pinky - nail is thin, dry, ridged; hangnails starting on right side of nail
- Thumb - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling; cuticle very dry, hangnails starting on both sides
- Index - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling; dry, hard cuticle, scab from lost hangnail
- Middle - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling; dry, hard cuticle with hangnails starting on both sides
- Ring - nail is thin, dry, ridged; cuticle is hard and dry with a tear and a hangnail and two more starting on both sides
- Pinky - nail is thin, dry, ridged, peeling; cuticle is dry and tearing on the bottom also hangnails at the bottom, left, and right
After taking these starting photos I proceeded to re-read the pointers Lisa emailed me about how to use the ASK Cosmetics products in my kit more effectively.
The following is quoted from that email:
- Clip or cut back any damage you may have at the ends of your nails;
- Refrain from using any other nail products during this time;
- Do not cut, clip back, massage or stimulate your cuticles in any way;
- Always be sure to apply TIPS first thing in the morning before putting your hands in water. If TIPS is applied first, then water can't enter the nail tissue and dry it out! It's as simple as that.
- You can't wash TIPS off, because it is the only product on the market that has been proven to actually penetrate the nails, nail tissue and cuticles - treating, fortifying and hydrating them from within.
- For all of you - I would strongly recommend beginning your TNT Challenge by applying TIPS for Toes to your fingernails in order to give them a big boost right from the beginning. Then after several weeks as you see new texture in your nails, your cuticles have receded naturally and your nails feel a lot stronger, then you could continue to use TIPS Nail Conditioner for the rest of the time.
- Use the Contour Nail File at least once a day to seal the ends of your nails and prevent snags. In fact, most participants in the past who have followed my instructions of filing 5 - 7 times gently each day have gotten rid of their cracked, peeling nails completely!
- Refrain from using any other hand lotions or creams on your hands other than the ASK Cosmetics Skin Conditioning Milk. You see, other lotions contain large amounts of waxes and silicones and this will a) hinder the effect of TIPS by leaving a waxy film on your nails that is very hard to get off, and b) due to this waxy, "silicone glove" effect your nails will have a yellowish tinge to them over time. Products with waxes and silicones also dry out your skin and hands greatly.
- One application of TIPS for Toes each morning BEFORE EXPOSURE to water is wonderful, but you may want to do two applications to see faster results. Just remember though, for a second application your hands must have been out of water for at least one hour. That is the time it takes water to evaporate out of your nails and hands.
- One of the huge advantages of applying TIPS is that there is NO waiting time after your 2 - 3 min. application. Simply rub your hands together ever so gently, keeping in mind that you don't want to touch or massage your cuticles in any way.