As most of you know today (the first Friday in September) is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day and the color for Ovarian Cancer Awareness is teal. Also, check out TealToes.org, painting your toenails teal to raise ovarian cancer awareness... I think we can all do that. ;) Teal Toes also has a polish page that lists some teal colored polish names/brands and also nail polish brands that are donating proceeds to the cause when you purchase polish (although they didn't mention Color Club's ORCF Teals collection).
“Early detection of ovarian cancer saves women’s lives.
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
- All women are at risk of developing ovarian cancer regardless of age; however, a woman’s risk is highest during her 60s and increases with age through her late 70s.
- About 69 percent of women diagnosed with ovarian cancer in the United States from 2002 to 2006 were 55 or older.
- The median age (at which half of all reported cases are older and half are younger) at diagnosis is 63.
Reproductive History and Infertility
- started menstruating at an early age (before 12),
- has not given birth to any children,
- had her first child after 30,
- experienced menopause after 50,
- has never taken oral contraceptives.
- Infertility, regardless of whether or not a woman uses fertility drugs, also increases the risk of ovarian cancer.
You can go here to donate or shop to support the cause. Wishing Much Love and Happy, Healthy Ovaries to you ALL, The Dragon Lady